Friday 30 May 2014

Mini Manhattan Haul

Do you ever get the urge to do some online shopping even when you don't really need anything? Well this post is the result of one of these moments! I was having a nosey on the Xtras website when I came across the Manhattan range. I've tried a few of their products before (the Intense Effect eyeshadow in Dim Brown is particularly lovely) so I thought I would take a gamble and try a few more! I was first intrigued by the Summer Sound Duo Bronzing Powder as it was half shimmery and half matte. They had two options, one for light to medium skin (01 Summer Glow) and one for medium to dark (02 Bronze Rockers). I thought this would be a great multitasker so into the basket it went! Next I spied the single Multi Effect eyeshadow in Choc Choc Kiss- a very cute name! It just looked like a dark brown shade on the site, but after a quick search for swatches I was sold, as it appeared to be a taupey brown and unlike anything I already had in my collection. All in all I spent £4. 38 as I also used a 20% code. The current code is PAYDAY but I used THANKYOU20 which has been working for a long time now!
The bronzing powder comes in quite a hefty compact but it feels nicely solid and secure. It contains 18g so this should last me forever! I was always going to like the matte side more than the shimmery one, but it's actually not too glittery and garish. I'd still use it sparingly though- just using on the cheeks and not all over! The matte side is very similar to my TBS honey bronzer in 01 and I think it would make a good contour shade. I've yet to try these out properly so I'm hoping it works! In a pinch the shimmery side could also work as an eyeshadow.
The eyeshadow was really hard to photograph as the colour is quite hard to capture.. I think it's best described as a mink brown shade- the purple tone is quite prominent in the pan. It is quite a shimmery shade and I reckon it could cause a little bit of fall out on application without a primer. The pigmentation is not as good as the Intense Effect shadows I've tried, and the texture isn't as buttery as some shadows, but it's not chalky. It's one that definitely needs building up to get the full effect, but I think it could look equally as nice worn a little sheerer. For me it may be a bit dark all over the lid but I think it would work well as a liner and as a crease/outer corner shade.





Shimmer, matte, TBS honey bronzer



Have you tried anything from Manhattan. For the price I think they're pretty good. 


1 comment: