Sunday 28 September 2014

Neutrogena Visibly Clear Ultra Light Spot Treatment Moisturiser

Excessive name aside, I bought this moisturiser a while ago from Home Bargains, for just £1.99, as I was looking for a light gel moisturiser for the summer. First things first, this is definitely ultra light! If you have normal to dry skin then this probably isn't for you. I've got quite oily skin for the most part and sometimes even I find that it isn't enough. When my skin is feeling all greasy and spotty though, this is great. It sinks in instantly and doesn't feel sticky at all. It also feels really cooling and refreshing and makes a good base for makeup. It does contain salicylic acid, which can make your skin more susceptible to sun burn, so you should probably make sure any make applied over it contains an SPF or just use it at night. I do tend to use it more at night, but I have worn it during the day when it's sunny, and not experienced any adverse effects. As a spot treatment, I don't think it contributes to any new spots, but I'm not sure if it really helps get rid of them any faster. In general I find it hard to judge skincare aimed at treating spots, as there are so many other factors that need to be taken into consideration. In any case I will continue to use it, as some days I just can't bear the feeling of having a cream on my face, especially after a long day at work where it's practically melted off!




No comments:

Post a Comment