Monday 20 January 2014

Skincare Stars

Just a short post today on some skincare products I have been liking lately. Unfortunately I'm not being wowed by any of my cleansers at the moment but I have been enjoying a couple of moisturisers. In the morning I have been using my trusty Clean & Clear Dual Action oil-free moisturiser as it makes a great base for my makeup. It sinks in really quickly whilst giving me just enough moisture. It contains menthol so it feels a tad tingly after applying. It's probably not that great for you're skin in the long run but my skin hasn't had any adverse reaction to it-it's not that pleasant on a cold windy day however! Brr! I love this one so much that I've nearly ran out. A first for a long time!
Whilst my skin is oily overall I can still get dry patches, particularly around my nose. Since buying a duo pack of Steamcream in the sales for a bargainous £3 I have been using it as a night cream. I was expecting to break out as it's much heavier than anything I'd usually apply to my face but so far all I've been left with is much softer, smoother skin. It takes a while to sink in but thankfully I don't wake up with an oil slick on my face! I also find the lavender scent very soothing and relaxing so it's perfect for use at bed time.
Lastly I've been really impressed by Pure's Micellar Water. After running out of the L'Oreal version I wanted to try out something new, so when I saw this in my local Savers (for £1.99 I think..correct me if I'm wrong) I thought I would give it a go. As it happens I think this is better than the L'Oreal one as it works just as well and doesn't sting my eyes. It also feels more cooling and soothing.  I'll definitely be repurchasing this!


4 comments:

  1. I love Steamcream! It's so good. x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I didn't think I'd like it for my face but it's been lovely! x

      Delete
  2. I've seen quite a few good things about the Clean & Clear moisturiser! I've tried the L'Oreal micellar water offering, but this Pure one sounds lovely!
    Spider Leg Lashes xo

    ReplyDelete