Thursday 14 August 2014

Holiday Makeup!

I thought I'd share with you today what makeup I packed for my week in Budapest. I didn't pack much as I don't really wear a lot on holiday, especially if it's hot- which it definitely was when we went! I did pack a foundation too, but it became apparent that this was not a good idea! My face was melting off in the humidity and it just wasn't pretty! After that I just wore a smidgen of my Maybelline Dream Pure BB cream or just a dusting of the Seventeen Miracle Matte powder (which I've now hit considerable pan on, to use a blogger cliche term!). On a couple of occasions in the evenings, I also wore some of The Body Shop honey bronzer too.


For eyes I just took my Makeup Revolution palette in Iconic 2, and my two Benefit cream eyeshadows in r.s.v.p. and no pressure! The cream eyeshadows are so easy to work with and wear, and made a really good base for the powder shadows. I love the cooler colours in Iconic 2 and they are so pigmented. For the price you really can't go wrong! 


The three shades I wore the most.

r.s.v.p. on top, no pressure! underneath

I also took my Elf eyebrow kit which I wore occasionally of an evening. I never usually bother with my brows, and they're probably in need of a good shaping, but this was easy enough to use and helped fill out some sparser areas. On my lashes I used Cliniques High Impact mascara which is amazing! It's definitely one of my favourites-possibly HG status! I got this mini with Glamour but I'd consider getting a full size one. 


I only took two lip products with me, which is very restrained for me, and I think I chose well! I took my Essence lipstick in Natural Beauty as well as my Soap and Glory Sexy Mother Pucker gloss stick in Plum Jam. I liked wearing Plum Jam in the evenings and Natural Beauty is a great one for just sticking on in a rush, and it goes with everything. The gloss sticks smell so good, and the formula is so smooth and glossy without being sticky. I've already got the Fuchsia one but I may need to check out the other shades they have out now. 


Plum Jam first then Natural Beauty

I've saved the best product 'til last! I think the star of my holiday makeup has to be my Fashionista blush in London. I get this out every summer and it just doesn't disappoint. It goes really well with the slight tan I get and works as a blusher and highlighter in one. It's a baked blush so has a subtle, pretty sheeny quality that looks great on your cheekbones. I think Fashionista is no more, which is a shame, but I think this will last for years to come- a little goes a long way. 



I'll finish with a balcony selfie of my me wearing the products mentioned. Most of the time though I have to say I looked a bit sweaty! It was so hot, and paired with lots of walking, makeup just didn't last! Thankfully it was a little cooler in the evenings! 





No comments:

Post a Comment