Sunday 3 November 2013

Deborah Lippmann Fade To Black & Across The Universe NOTD

When I bought these on Thursday I couldn't wait to try them out and I have to say that I am in love with this combination! It's so fitting for bonfire night- reminds me of fireworks! This is the first time I've ever tried a Deborah Lippmann polish but I wish I had sooner as they are really good. I thought the black polish would be hard to apply, as is often the case with dark colours, but it went on really smoothly. The formula wasn't too thin or thick and dried quickly. I used two coats but I could have gotten away with one I think, especially as I was adding a sparkly topper. I was most excited to try out the gorgeously glittery Across The Universe and it didn't let me down! Against the black it's just stunning- I love the mix of large and fine glitter particles in shades of blue and green. Again glitter polish can be hard to apply as it sometimes requires you to do a fair bit of dabbing in order to get an even distribution but this applied well- I got the result I wanted after two coats, but it still would have looked lovely after one. Even though I had four coats of polish on in total it didn't take long to dry at all, and in any case it was worth it for the fab effect.
I think I'll be sad when this starts to chip but I'm looking forward to trying the other shade I got, Modern Love. I still can't get over the fact that if I had bought these separately on Beauty Bay then it would have cost £47 instead of the £8 I paid at TK Maxx! Most Bargainous!






I also posted a pic of my nails on Twitter-it's a bit closer and clearer too! 

Have you tried any Deborah Lippmann polishes? I'd love some recommendations. 


4 comments: