Saturday 16 November 2013

Essence Quattro Eyeshadow- Over The Taupe

So my sister has finally returned from her internship in Spain and kindly brought back this eyeshadow quad for me to try. I had my eye on this whilst I was in Majorca but managed to resist temptation so I'm pleased she got it me.
Aesthetically it's simple but nice looking for want of a much better 'wow' word (the kids have been learning adjectives in class lately!). As the case is clear it'll be easy to spot when I'm searching for it in my rather full makeup bag and it also feels quite solid considering it's price. Anyways, no one really cares too much about packaging, what they want to know is how good are the actual shadows. Sadly this is where I have to say that only two out of the four have impressed me. The two paler shades are a bit pap in that when you swatch them with your finger it looks like they'll be pretty pigmented, but then when you go to transfer it the colour pay off is next to nothing. Even with a primer they refused to stick- it's like they're anti skin! The two darker shades perform much better and are very pigmented with just one swipe. I'm very pleased about this as it was the bottom left shade that drew me to it in the first place.
I'm looking forward to experimenting with the two usable one and I think they'll go nicely with some of the shades in my MUA palettes.




I would still like to try more Essence products out though and I'm a but miffed that they're not being brought out at a Wilkinson's near me!

What do you recommend from Essence?

1 comment:

  1. It's a shame that the 2 lighter colours in this palette were a disappointment, at least the darker colours were better! I'll definitely have to keep an eye out for them in Wilkinson's, though I doubt they'll be showing up in my crappy town!
    Spider Leg Lashes xo

    ReplyDelete