Monday 27 August 2012

My Eyeshadow Collection

Well my liner, mascara and brush collection also! I'm so so bored today so I thought I'd take lots of pictures to put you to sleep with :p
I'm just having one of those days today where I can't be bothered to do anything. I should be doing my coursework for work but I just can't bear to look at it. Got a feeling it'll be a rushed last minute job!
So here it is, be prepared for a lot of poor quality pictures!

 
 
 
Hello Kitty adorns this box :) I also keep all my liners and some mascaras in this mug as it was getting a little crowded in the box.

 
I have 4 MUA palettes and really these are the only colours I should ever need! I think I've got a load of looks covered here from neutral to smoky to bright. From left to right I have 'Dusk til Dawn', 'Glamour Days', 'Undressed' and 'Starry Night'.
 
 
Sleek 'Storm' palette and Fearne Cotton 'from dusk til dawn eyes' palette. I have posted about both of these before.  
 
 
Here's my nearly new Elf eyeshadow quad which I did a post about here. Next is Soap and Glory Lid Stuff in 'What's Nude'. I really do need to be showing this palette more love! The BeautyUK palette in No 4 is getting on a bit now and I haven't touched it in a year or more probably, but for some reason I don't want to part with it just yet. I think it holds some sentimental value as I used it a lot at Uni.

 
I think I like the appearance of these palettes ('Perfect Pastels' and 'Metallic Nudes')  more than the actual product! They are lovely colours, don't get me wrong, but they are very glittery and subsequently I do experience a far bit of fallout with them. I've yet to try these with a primer though so I'm willing to give them a second chance!
 
 
Here are my No7 eyeshadow trio's which I got as part of  a gift set last Christmas. These aren't named but my favourite is the first one. The middle colour is just beautiful. I haven't used the other two yet as blues aren't really my favourite shades to use and I don't often do dark/smoky eyes.
 
 
On the left are 4 Front Cover shadows in 'Frosted Almond', 'Copper Coin', 'Pale Gold' and 'Powder Puff'. These were taken from a bigger set and can be popped out when I feel like swapping the colours around. I want to get more use out of Pale Gold in particular as it has an almost green tinge to it, a bit like an antique gold shade. Next to it is my GOSH Smokey Eyes palette in Brown. I like this but I'm not completely bowled over.
 
Here are the other Front Cover shades. A lot of them though are really not my cup of tea!
 
 
Some more MUA shadows. These are shade 11, 4, 9, 17 and 10. Shade 9 is such a stunning colour but I'm not really sure how to wear it as it is quite the statement shadow!
 
 
My other Elf shadows- Brightening Eye Colour set in 'Brownstone', 'Pebble' and 'Mystic Moss' both from the Studio line. Again, I have really neglected the Studio colours and I'm not sure why as they are really quite good. Brownstone I found to be very soft and lacking a bit in pigmentation.
 
 
17 eyeshadows- Starry Eyes trio in 'Neptune' (Love this!), 'Rose Quartz', 'Viva Diva' and 'Spirit'. The last two are very old!
 
 
Some odds and sods- Vivo 'Mink', Loreal 'Metal Plum' Natural Collection 'Lavender', Natural Collection 'Starlight/Midnight', Inika 'Gun Metal', Maybelline 'Silken Taupe', NYC '030', Maybelline '713'.
 
My rather unsophisticated selection of brushes and yes, some sponge applicators! Sorry!
 
 
Mascaras- Avon Supershock Max, Max Factor False Lash Effect, Miss Sporty XX Long, Miss Sporty Fabulous Lash, Elf Mineral Infused mascara, No 7 Extreme Length, Clinique High Impact. My favourites are the Avon and the Clinique (though this one needs chucking now, sads). The Miss Sporty ones are actually really good too! I wasn't impressed with the Max Factor one and I've yet to try the No 7 and Elf ones.
 
 
MUA blonde eyebrow pencil, 4 Fearne liners that I got as part of a set, 2 BeautyUK Metallic Sparks pens. These are very creamy and could possibly make a good eyeshadow base but I don't think I've ever really used them properly!
 
 
2 Body Shop liners in black and navy (Instyle freebies), Rimmel eyebrow pencil, Maybelline Line Definer in Bronze Gleam, Natural Collection black pencil, MUA Intense Glitter liner in Jade Jewel, Miss Sporty brown pencil, Rimmel Exaggerate waterproof eye definer in Perfect Plum, 2 mini No 7 pencils in black and brown and an old Miss Sporty Fabulous Eyes pencil in Peach Punk.
 
 
MUA Professional Eye Primer and Elf eyelash curlers. This primer is excellent but the curlers I'm less impressed with, they don't seem to work very well :/
 
So, TA DAH! You have reached the end! I hope it wasn't too dull! As with my lipstick collection this has made me realise just how many shadows and liners I have that are just not getting any lovin'. I will definitely have to work on this, perhaps by 'shopping my stash' each week as I've always thought that was a good idea.
 

2 comments:

  1. You got a lot of shadows gurl! :P ha ha I love the MUA collection, people see it as cheap but I love it! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! and I don't even wear it much, it's awful :/ going to have to start using it up, have enough to last a lifetime haha
      MUA is great, really good quality for the price.

      Delete