Tuesday 12 March 2013

Essie Smooth Sailing

I picked up this dinky 5ml bottle at Cosmetic Fairy for 99p. I also got a Wet n Wild pressed powder for £1.99 which I'm hoping to review at a later date. Second Class standard delivery was £1.75  so altogether it was pretty reasonable. Thankfully my bank balance is looking marginally healthier after having my car insurance refunded (I managed to buy it twice, oops) but I'm still being careful! And yes, really I don't need a new polish, but I had had a bit of a crappy week and it served to cheer me up a little bit.
Smooth Sailing is like no other colour I have in my collection. It's a gorgeous shimmery blue/purple. The Essie site describes it as 'a breezy lavender blue with a reflection of pearl'. I also think it's quite denim-esque in some lights. Application was fine, it took two coats and dried quickly. As always I finished it with a coat of the NYC turbo dry top coat.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment