Monday 11 March 2013

Garnier Shine Be Gone Moisture Match Moisturiser

I got this on a whim when I was in Sheffield as I do like mattifying moisturisers and am always eager to try new ones out. I've used it fairly frequently since and I have to say I'm not sure about it! It's decent enough, and I will use it up, but I haven't found it to give the matte effect it promises. Granted I don't look like an oil slick with it (and it is oil free), but I don't find it to be as light as I'd like and my skin does feel a bit tacky afterwards. I was rather hoping it would be more gel like in consistency which I prefer. I also find the texture a bit odd as it's sort of lumpy for want of a better word! I have since found out the cream contains microspheres, whatever they may be, which help control shine. It also contains green tea extract and Mannose. Both of which I'm sure have a affinity with combination to oily skin! You get 50ml for £5.99 which considering the same amount of The Body Shop seaweed mattifying day cream is a tenner is pretty good. Unfortunate though that, for me, it's just not as good and I'd rather part with the extra pennies for something that is more effective.


Have you tried one of the moisturisers from this range? What do you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment