Sunday 7 October 2012

Saturday Shopping- Korres, Weleda, Barry M, Marie Claire

So I toddled off to town yesterday with the intention of getting some of the new MUA products, in particular the cream blush and one of the nail constellations. Alas they didn't have what I wanted! It's a new stand but it was pretty poorly stocked, least with the new stuff. I should have just walked out but I had a nosey at the Barry M stand and saw the new Gelly polishes. Big mistake. I ended up with a Gelly Hi-Shine nail paint in Prickly Pear, a pretty lilac, as well as a glitter polish in Rose Quartz and a nail effects polish in Burgundy Croc, which was free if you bought two other items. I was tempted to get the pumpkin coloured spider web one but I thought I wouldn't get much use out of it. I swatched these last night (and stupidly didn't take a photo) and the Gelly is indeed very shiny, the glitter polish is just GORGEOUS and the croc effect looked nice over a gold shade. Seems to work best over touch dry polish rather than still tacky. It does actually say this on the bottle but I curious! What else would work well with burgundy?

The Gelly and Croc effect polishes were £3.99 each and the glitter one was £2.99 from Superdrug

I also popped into TK Maxx and found a Korres Guava showergel for £3.99. I've heard good things about the brand and when I sniffed it it instantly reminded me of holidays abroad for some reason! I think it reminds me of suncream and it has notes of coconut. Very tropical! It's also 91.4% (very accurate there!) natural and has a long list of what it does and doesn't contain. For example it has no parabens, mineral oil or silicones but does contain fragrance and SLS. In the clearance section I also spied a Weleda Sea Buckthorn body lotion. Weleda seems to be another blogger favourite so I picked it up for my sister as she religiously uses lotion every day. It was only £4 and comes in a rather funky blue glass bottle. I had a cheeky try (well not cheeky as I did buy it her after all!) and it's really light with a fresh citrussy smell-lovely!


Lastly I also had to pick up a copy of Marie Claire magazine (£3.70) for the L'Occitane hand cream. I chose the date fragrance as I was intrigued as to how it would smell. I really wanted the original one but couldn't find it, may have another look today as they are really nice and perfect for taking with me out and about. I don't normally read Marie Claire- and I have to say it's rather hefty haha. I hope it's not full of ads. Also don't you think mags are getting expensive for what they are? This one is fairly good value though as the mag also comes with a sample of Dove colour radiance express treatment conditioner. I use up conditioner quite quickly so this is a welcome addition.


Have you bought anything over the weekend or tried anything I bought? Weekends go by far too fast! Monday dread is starting to set in!

1 comment:

  1. Got to love a bit or Marie Claire! I love that Barry M Nail polish!

    Sophie - from: www.sophiesnextchapter.blogspot.co.uk ♥

    ReplyDelete