Saturday 28 September 2013

Current Skincare Routine

Now I'm not terribly strict when it comes to skincare but I do try and have a vague routine. I'm not great at taking off my makeup at night, and often just use a micellar water or face wipes. I know people talk about face wipes as if they are the devils cleanser of choice but they are quite the boon when it comes to quickly taking off my mascara whilst sitting in bed! So at night time I tend to use the L'Oreal Skin Perfection 3 in 1 Purifying Micellar Solution or my cheapo Skin Therapy fragrance free facial wipes from Wilko's. If I'm honest I'm going off the L'Oreal micellar solution as it often stings my eyes and I don't really find it that effective at taking off mascara. It is really cheap when it's on offer though, and even when it's not, so that keeps me coming back to it but I may have to find an alternative soon. There's nothing really to say about the wipes apart from the fact they are dirt cheap and do the job. I wouldn't use them as my sole cleanser but they have their
uses!
*Soz for the poor pics, I've basically given up trying to get half way good ones with my old cam now!


Next up is my current cleanser which is Soap & Glory's Peaches and Clean 4 in 1 wash-off deep cleansing milk. I got this last Christmas as part of their massive gift bag thingy so I thought it was time I started using it. Again this is a product I'm not 100% happy with as even though it's a milk, and they're normally more hydrating, I find this to be quite drying, leaving my skin feeling a bit tight sometimes. It also contains AHA's so I thought it might have a more positive effect on the texture of my skin but so far I really can't see it doing much at all bar getting it cleaner! It does smell amazing though, I'll give it that, but scent's not everything! As it's a cream cleanser I like to make sure it's all off so afterwards I've been using Botanics All Bright Cleansing Toner. This is a very recent addition but so far it seems to be doing a good job. However, I don't think it can replace my favourite Garnier Simply Essentials toner.


After cleansing I always moisturise as though my skin can get quite oily I also get dry patches around my nose and mouth and in the space between my eyebrows. A firm favourite is The Body Shop Seaweed Mattifying Day Cream. This never leaves my skin feeling all greasy and tacky and sinks in straight away. If I'm having a particular spotty day I'll use my Clean & Clear Dual Action moisturiser. This isn't as light as the seaweed one but it still sinks in quickly. It also leaves my skin feeling all tingly, which is probably down to the menthol in it. I doubt this is actually very good for my skin but it's refreshing all the same! Oh and whilst the seaweed cream is quite expensive for the amount you get, I never buy it full price as The Body Shop always have great discount codes going on. I absolutely love the 40% off ones!


Regarding spots I've yet to find a good gel that is really effective but now and then I've been using Creightons Perfecting Clear Calming Spot Gel from Poundland. It's a bit sticky but as I usually dab some on at night it's that big a deal.

So yup, for now this is my routine. It's not ideal but it'll do. I also have a feeling my skin would be much better if I didn't use any of this and just used water but what with makeup and all it's just not going to happen!


No comments:

Post a Comment