Saturday 14 July 2012

Stuffs.

It's been a bit of a weird and stressful week I have to say! Not really felt much like blogging but I think it's good to keep my mind busy at the moment. Here's just a collection of stuff I thought I'd throw together!
Firstly here's the colour I'm wearing on my nails right now. NYX Girls nail polish in Shy. It's a bit different for me as it's quite subtle- I usually wear really bright colours but I thought I'd give it a go as it's fairly new and I haven't worn it until now.



Whilst I don't love it, I do really like it. It also dried very quickly, and being quite sheer and shimmery it's very forgiven should your application be a bit shoddy! Two coats are shown in the picture but I could have done another one to make the colour stronger, but I felt two would be more delicate! I bought this from Fragrance Direct for a mere 89p. There's a good choice of colour too though the swatches aren't very informative. At that price though you can afford to take a bit of a gamble!
Other new polishes include a Revlon Matte Suede one from Poundland and a Missguided polish in Missmatch from Cosmopolitan. I've tried the matte polish and I think I like it but I'm not sure! I like shiny nails!  Maybe one for Autumn/Winter as well. I've not tried the Cosmo freebie yet but it's definitely bright and summery.

Another magazine freebie I got is the Balance Me pure skin face wash from Glamour. I've been really impressed with this so far. It feels really silky and doesn't dry out my skin as much as other foaming cleansers do. I'm actually tempted to get the full size one but at £16 it is a bit pricey! However it does contain ingredients of natural origin-98.8% in fact and 'Contains no parabens, sulphates, mineral oils, silicones, dea, pegs, propylene glycol artificial fragrance or colours.' Now I have no idea what some of them are but I'm guessing they're not that good for our skin!
Oh, and I just had to try the following freebie that came with Marie Claire mag. I'm on a bit of a mascara kick at the moment and have been enjoying trying different ones. So when I saw that they were offering one of three Avon mascara's I was  sold and picked out the Super Shock Max one. I've used it for the first time today and I was very pleased with the results. I didn't think I would get along with the massive brush but it worked well and I didn't find application difficult. It gave good volume and definition and didn't clump so all's good.
At the moment I'm suffering from a bit of a spotty chin. I'm sure one particularly stubborn one has been there for weeks! They've been the hard, sore, under the skin ones too so I haven't even had the satisfaction of squeezing them! So yesterday I went on the hunt for a good cleanser to use around my chin area to try and control the madness! In the end I settled on Garnier Skin Natural Pure Active Deep Pore Unclogging Wash. It claims to offer results from day 1 and I suppose that is true. I used it last night and I could feel that my spot had dried up somewhat afterwards. The trouble with these type of cleansers though is that they tend to dry the skin out so I hope I don't end up flaky and spotty I'll keep on using it (with a light moisturiser) and keep you posted on the results.

Finally some feedback on the Heathcote & Ivory hand cream  I bought a while ago but have been trialling since. In short this is an OK hand cream. It works but it is nothing special. It's also quite sticky and as it is so thick I have been struggling to squeeze it out of the damn tube. Too much effort! It does smell lovely though and I will carry on using it each night before bed. I have also read the tube properly now and have learnt that it's a hair bobble attached to it that you can use when  it's finished. Lovely...

So there you have it, some odds and sods for you! :) 



No comments:

Post a Comment