Friday 22 June 2012

Garnier Simply Essentials Soothing 2 in 1 make-up remover

I don't think I've mentioned this before but I absolutely love this and am on my third bottle. It is definitely the best eye make-up remover I have tried- it removes stubborn waterproof mascara no problem but is gentle at the same time, it never stings my eyes. This can be attributed to it containing no perfume or alcohol. The remover is made up of two parts which you need to shake together before use- the blue liquid is the removing oil and the clear liquid is the cleansing water. It is also 'enriched with plant extract and pro-vitamin B5'. I think the plant extract is rose flower water judging by the ingredients list. It says it leaves no residue but I find that it does leave a bit of an oily sheen and so I always use a proper cleanser afterwards. You can use this to remove your face make-up too, in which case I would really recommend going over with another cleanser afterwards-suppose it depends on your skin type though. It could be OK if you have dry skin but I don't think my rather oily skin would appreciate it! Another reason I love it is that it's cheap and easy to find. It's often on offer too in supermarkets and Superdrug and the like. I think I got my current one from Savers for something like £1.99- a great place for bargains!

No comments:

Post a Comment