Wednesday 16 May 2012

Current Skincare Routine

My skin annoys me. It'll only ever look good for about 2 days at most then it'll inevitably decide to rebel and present me with some lovely spots. Even worse is that I tend to get them on my cheeks as that's were I've got large pores. Ta dad for passing them along. They also make a regular appearance on my forehead and chin. So everywhere really.
I hate faffing around with my skin. Predominantly because I am lazy and I either want to go to bed or stay in bed for longer. All about the bed. For that reason in the mornings I'll just slap on some facewash whilst I'm in the shower. I prefer foaming ones for this though they can be a bit drying. I'm using a Soap and Glory one at the moment which I got in the Big Splendour set at Christmas. It's decent enough, nothing special really. And the little exfoliating beads in it do next to nothing.Probably won't repurchase when I can get something much cheaper that does the same.

£7.00 from Boots. Tad steep!

In the evening I prefer to use my Liz Earle Cleanse and Polish. It's gentle and gets off all my makeup, though it does sting a bit if I get it in my eye. I like the herbal-y smell also. I don't think I like it any more than the No7 hot cloth cleanser I used previously but I would repurchase if I had the money. 
Starter kit cost £14.25 for 100ml pump and 2 muslin cloths. It also came with a mini toner which was gorgeous.

£6.99 from Boots
£13.00 for 30ml so def one for when I've got some monies! I also use this Lacura eye cream when I can be assed. Only cost £1 something-bargainous!
Moisturiser wise I like to use different ones for morning and night. In the morning I will use Botanics Sensitive oil free moisturiser and in the evening La Roche Posay Effaclar K lotion. The Botanics one is a gel and absorbs really quickly- perfect when I'm in a rush and need to do my makeup. The Effaclar K is a thin lotion that again absorbs quickly. I like to think it helps with my spots also!

A recent purchase is this overnight serum that I got from the poundshop. I can't fault the price and it's pretty effective at reducing spots.

Lastly I love this toner. It's probably not essential but it smells lovely and helps my skin feel extra clean. Pfft and I say I don't like faffing around...
£2.99 from Boots but I've gotten it cheaper and is often on promotion.




2 comments:

  1. I love Liz Earle Cleanse & Polish, I've been using it for several months now. I like the scent too! Can I ask your skin type? Does the Botanics moisturiser help with the longevity of make up? I'm a bit wary of trying new moisturisers! I've heard so many good things about the La Roche Posay Effaclar K but I haven't tried it yet. Think I'm too attached to my Liz Earle Skin Repair Moisturiser xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm nearly out of the Cleanse and Polish now, sad :( My skin is combination I think, leans more towards oily though. The Botanics is good under makeup coz it dries super quick and so I've found it doesn't make my makeup slide as much- to be honest I wasn't keen on the texture at first, but I've grown to love it, epecially as I mostly use a mineral powder foundation and it usually 'catches' on my other moisturisers.

      Delete