Saturday 8 September 2012

The Beauty & Brains Tag

I saw this tag on Midnight Violets (fab blog, really need to check it out if you haven't already)  and thought it would be good to do myself :)

Favourite Book
This is a tricky question as I do love reading but I tend not to read a book more than once. These are both children's books but I've read these numerous times- The Ghost Drum by Susan Price and Ballet Slippers by Noel Streatfeild. I so wanted to do ballet after reading this, I would spend ages, looking like a loon I suppose, trying to get on my points!

Favourite Quotes
'We don't make mistakes, just happy little accidents' -Bob Ross
'I feel like crap on toast' - Michel Gerard (Gilmore Girls)
 
English or Maths
Definitely english, I hate maths and had to resit it at GSCE but was A's all the way with english.
 
Science or Art
Probably art though I wasn't very good at either! Art was more enjoyable at least, and I despised physics! Just went over my head completely. All I seem to remember is the teacher jangling a slinky.
 
Name five music artists or albums that changed your life
It sounds awful but I'm not really that interested in music. I never know whats in the charts and I'm always asking the children I work with what they're playing! I do like a bit of cheese though and I also like Rachael Yamagata, Feist, Jack Johnson..hmm I like all sorts when I think of it just nothing definite springs to mind!
 
Favourite and least favourite subjects at school
My favourite subjects were english, cookery, child development and german. Least Favourites were P.E, drama, maths and welsh when we had the horrible teacher- I actually liked it when we had a nice one! I particularly hated being made to play netball though- I'm really not sporty at all! Also as I'm shy drama was always so cringe worthy :S
 
Favourite 'Celebrity With A Brain'
Has to be Stephen Fry. And I like Ray Mears too for his bushcraft knowledge haha.
 
If you could study anything, anywhere, what would it be?
I think I'm pretty much done with studying after starting a primary education degree, quitting in the second year, having a sort of gap year then doing 2 more years of Childhood Studies! Although not really studying I would love to have a proper job based around working with the gypsy children in Romania. I've been on two volunteering trips working with them and I have absolutely loved it.
 
What's your nerdy little secret?
Hmm not that excting but probably that I won the Child Development award at my high school ROA night. woo.
 
Favourite Beauty Guru (s), who you admire for more than their love of beauty/fashion
This is a hard question as I enjoy reading loads of blogs and many bloggers seem genuine, down to earth and generally lovely! I can't decide!
 
If your channel/blog didn't focus on Beauty/Fashion, what would it be?
Well my blog was initially going to be food blog, in particular reviewing snacks and other junk! Hence the name really, but it never turned out that way! I do want to include more foody posts as I love cooking.
 
Name some things that you are obsessed with that other people would find strange or geeky
I'm pretty obsessed with watching food and cookery shows. I'm nearly always watching Food Network or Good Food channel. Faves are Barefoot Contessa, Man V Food, Diners, Drive in's and Dives, Nigel Slater, Ace of Cakes, Heston Blumenthal, Masterchef, Hairy Bikers- I really could go on!
 
Name five people (excluding friends and family) who inspire you
I'm not really inspired by other people to be honest. I just do what feels right to me!
 
Who's your intellectual soulmate?
I have no idea. I'd like to think I'm one of a kind!
 
Well there you go! I hope it was vaguely interesting and I tag whoever feels like doing it also :)


4 comments:

  1. Loved reading this! Man V Food is ace isn't it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love to watch Heston Blumenthal when he's on tv too, the things he creates are insane :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Very! I would do love to eat at this restaurant, one day maybe!

      Delete