Monday 17 September 2012

Tresemme Keratin Smooth hair mask


I keep thinking I've already done a post on this! I haven't have I?! I do actually think I'm going a bit senile of late. Just the other week I reversed over my sisters rucksack when just a second before I saw it on the floor ready to go in the boot. Oh dear. Suffice to say she wasn't impressed! Thankfully her laptop or phone wasn't in there or I don't think I'd be here to write this!
I got this mask (or masque as the tub actually says) a while ago as my hair tends to feel a little dry and knotty after washing it. I also want to keep it in better condition that I have done in the past especially as it's dyed. I'm actually thinking of going a bit browner but I'm not sure. The underneath sections are already fairly dark but I dyed it brown in uni for a bit and felt it looked a bit flat. I did just do it myself though with a box dye so maybe if I had it done properly I could still have a few lighter bits. Anyways enough of my musings! I use this pretty much every time I wash my hair, about 2/3 times a week. I use it in place of a normal conditioner at the minute but I'll often use a mask with every wash-my hair needs all the help it can get! It claims to make hair smoother, straighter and easier to style. All of which I agree with. As I'm rinsing it out I can already feel the difference. It also says it is gentle enough for colour treated hair and for use after a salon keratin treatment. It has quite a runny texture but it's sort of sticky, for want of a better word, at the same time! It's definitely not a 'mimsy' mask. It says to apply it from the mid lengths downs and to work anything that's left through the roots. I normally just whack it all over but I think I'll be going more lightly over my roots as I do think that although it leaves my hair silkier and less pouffy it does make it go greasy quicker. I also feel this mask could be too heavy for those with fine hair but I suppose it depends on how much you use. As for the scent it is quite strong and not one I'm very keen on but I can live with it. It's a 300ml tub and it's £5.50 from Boots at the moment but I'm sure I've seen it on offer elsewhere. I would really recommend it though if your hair is feeling a bit parched or unloved!

No comments:

Post a Comment